Thyracont - Sustainably good.
As an internationally successful company, we have been producing intelligent, innovative vacuum metrology for more than 50 years, making an important contribution to sustainable future technologies in industry and research.
The topic of sustainability is also of utmost importance to us, internally. We firmly believe that ecological and social responsibility is crucial to shaping a sustainable future worth living. It is our responsibility to protect the environment, promote social justice and ensure long-term economic success.
We are thus committed to promoting sustainable practices in all aspects of our business. We constantly strive for environmentally friendly solutions to minimize our company's ecological footprint. This includes reducing our energy and water consumption, using resources efficiently, and promoting recycling and waste prevention.
Many of our gauges have a modular design that makes it easy to replace contaminated or worn sensors. This not only reduces maintenance time and transport costs, but also extends the service life of the individual components. An approach also pursued by the European Commission as part of the European Green Deal.
In our research and development department, we are continuously optimizing our processes to find sustainable alternatives and to add positive ecological value to our products.
In addition, we take our responsibility towards employees, customers, and suppliers very seriously. We are committed to fair working conditions, equality, and diversity. By supporting local initiatives, educational institutions, and non-profit organizations, we aim to have a positive impact on society and the environment in our region.
Sustainability remains an ongoing process and we will continuously strive to evolve. We are proud of the progress we have already made and will continue to look for innovative solutions to achieve our sustainability goals.
Examples of our activities:
- Photovoltaic system - after doubling its capacity in 2023, the system will cover approximately 25% of our electricity consumption
- Conversion of gas heating to air-source heat pump
- Complete conversion of the company vehicle fleet to electric vehicles
- E-charging stations for employee vehicles
- Complete conversion to LED lighting
- Business trips are reduced to a minimum
- No domestic flights (no flight less than 600 km)
- Change to sustainable packaging without plastic (inner packaging, shipping boxes, equipment cases)
- Digital invoices
- Insect meadow with fruit trees
- Use of fair-trade coffee
- Weekly fruit baskets whenever possible from regional farmers
- Flexible work models with the possibility of home office
- Ergonomic equipment of workstations