- Wide range sensor Pirani / cold cathode
- Cold cathode sensor can be switched on and off either automatically
or manually by the user
- Fast ignition due to a special technology
- Low magnetic stray field
- Insensitive against inrush of air due to automatic switch-off
- Precise pressure readings by means of gas type correction factor
VSI1xD Vacuum Transducer ● 2e-3 to 5e-9 mbar
€ 668,00 – € 728,00 excl. VAT and transport costs
The digital cold cathode transducer VSI measures absolute pressure in the high vacuum range.
- Digital RS485 interface and additional analog output signal 0 – 10 V,
EtherCAT, Profibus or Profinet
- Digital adjustment of zero and atmospheric pressure via pushbutton or interface
- Two independent, potential-free relay switch points
- Large, integrated LCD display with background illumination
- LEDs for device status and switch points
- Protection class up to IP54
- Output signal scalable according to required output characteristics
for an easy replacement of existing transducers
- Easy connection with PLCs
- Rugged, EMI-proof metal housing
- The digital output signal can be transmitted
failure-free over long distances (up to 500 m)
- Bluetooth adapter available (reach up to 100 m)
- Suitable for Thyracont 2 and 4 channel controllers VD12 / VD14
- VacuGraph™ Windows software to visualize, analyze and save measurements
- Easily replaceable sensor heads with stored calibration data
|Dimensions||6.9 x 4.8 x 15.3 cm|
Cold cathode ionization sensor (inverted magnetron), depending on gas type
2e-3 – 5e-9 mbar (1.5e-3 – 5e-9 Torr), max. overpressure 10 bar abs.
2e-3 mbar – 2e-8 mbar: < 25% from reading
|Materials In Contact With Vacuum||
Stainl. steel 1.4307, nickel, tungsten, molybdenum, glass, Al2O3 ceramic
Max. 2.5 kV
|Max. Bake Out Temperature||
Max. 160 °C at the flange (voltage supply switched-off)
20 – 30 VDC
D-Sub, 15-pin, male; optional: FCC68 (P_VSI003)
Max. 3 W, additionally 0.8 W f. EtherCAT / relays / LCD
0 – 10 VDC, min. 10 kΩ, measuring range 2.199 – 7.801 VDC, log. per default (VSI1xD/DL)
RS485: 9.6 kBd to 115 kBd 8 databit 1 stopbit, no parity
2x relay, potential free, 50 VAC / 2 A or 30 VDC / 2 A, max. 60 VA
DN 25 ISO-KF (VSI17), DN 40 ISO-KF (VSI18), DN 40 CF-F (VSI19)
IP40, IP54 with XB15SL05 adaptor
VSI17D with DN 25 ISO-KF flange, VSI18D with DN 40 ISO-KF flange, VSI19D with DN 40 CF-F flange
Is it possible to clean the sensor head of the VSI?
Yes, it is possible to partly disassemble the sensor head and clean it with Scotch Brite. Metallic debris and minor pollution can be cleaned like this easily.
Do I have to mount the transducer into a specific position?
Basically the vacuum transducers can be mounted in every position. The best accuracy is achieved if the flange of the instrument is mounted horizontally, because the instruments are calibrated in this position. Also it is not recommended to mount the sensor at the bottom of a pipe, because condensate and dirt could be collected in the sensor cell.
How often do I need to recalibrate the vacuum transmitter?
This depends on the specific application. Especially if there are coatings and contaminations on the sensor head or if it is used in extreme temperature conditions it can be necessary to readjust the instrument. For quality assurance matters, we recommend to return the instrument for calibration every one or two years. On request we can offer a works calibration (item no. ADJCERT).
How can I exchange the sensor heads of the transmitters?
The exchangeable, pre-adjusted sensor-heads of the Smartline transmitters can be exchanged fast and easy by the user to assure best compatibility. Loosen the attachment screws around the head, exchange the sensor-head and reattach the attachment screws. After a heating-up phase of 15 minutes press the “Adjust” button, the sensor system and the electronics will be aligned automatically and the transmitter is ready to use.
power supply, protection case, software, …
for compatibility with competitor products, Bluetooth, USB, …
- Cables and Mating Plugs
cables with open ends, cables for vacuum controllers, mating plugs, …
works calibration, DAkkS calibration, …
- Spare Parts
calibrated exchange sensors