Overview VD800 series:
- Big graphic display
- Intuitive menu-driven handling
- Direct graphical visualization of pressure curves
- Integrated data logger for saving multiple measurement series with RTC data
- Storage of minimum and maximum pressures achieved during measurement
- Automatic switch-off or continuous operation
- Optical and acoustical alarm when reaching a predefined threshold
- Charging per standard USB-C cable
- Quick and easy data-transfer to PC, tablet, or smartphone via USB-C or wireless via Bluetooth® LE (optional)
- Pressure units: mbar, Torr, hPa
- Selectable menu language
- Adjustable logging rate of 50 ms to 60 s for fast processes
- VacuGraphTM-Software: To read-out data logger, and to visualize, analyze, and save measurements
Overview VD800 vacuum meter
- Portable use for service and maintenance works
- Connection to external Thyracont USB transducers with various measuring ranges
- Ideal for complex appliances or for checking the pressure at several measuring stations
- Leak-rate calculation via rate of rise measurement
- Precise results due to connecting to active transducers
- Long battery performance
If you have any questions about the VD810 Piezo vacuum meter or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
→ Go to all VD800 vacuum meters | → Go to accessories for all VD800 compact vacuum meters
|VD81 vacuum meter, Piezo||
|VD83 vacuum meter, Pirani||
|VD84 vacuum meter, Pirani||
|VD85 vacuum meter, Piezo/Pirani||
|VD8 vacuum meter, brochure|
|VD8 Compact-Vacuum Meters
|What is the Min/Max memory feature?
Extreme values (minimum and maximum pressure) recorded during the measurement process are stored directly in the instrument and can be shown on the display when the measurement is complete.
|Is it possible to place a VD8 compact vacuum meter directly into the vacuum for measuring?
Yes, our VD8 compact vacuum meters can be directly placed into a vacuum chamber. With their data logger functionality the measurements are stored and can be sent to a PC for evaluation, when the measurement is complete.
|What happens with the instruments’ parameters or stored data when the battery is changed?
A memory chip, which works independent from a battery, is used for storage of measurements and the instruments’ parameters. However, the extreme values (Min/Max memory) will be lost when the battery is changed.
|Is the battery included in the shipment?
Yes, the fitting battery is included in the initial shipment. VD8 can also used with a plug-in power supply (optional accessessory).
|What battery types are suitable for VD8 compact vacuum meters?
We recommend 9 V alkaline batteries. Alternatively, 9 V lithium batteries or 9 V rechargeable batteries can be used. Zinc coal batteries are not suitable for the VD8, due to its high internal resistance.
|How often do I need to recalibrate the compact vacuum meter?
The period between calibrations depends on the specific application. Especially in cases of coatings and contaminations on the sensor-head or if it is used in extreme temperature conditions, readjust of the instrument can be neccessary. For quality assurance matters, we recommend to return the instrument for calibration every one or two years. We can offer a works calibration (article no. ADJCERT) or a DAkkS calibration (article no. DKDCERT).
|Do I have to mount the instrument into a specific position?
The instruments can be mounted in every position. The best accuracy is achieved if the flange of the instrument is mounted horizontally because the instruments are calibrated in this position. It is not recommended to mount the sensor at the bottom of a pipe as condensate and dirt could be collected in the sensor cell.
|What possibilities for data storage are available with VD8?
Up to 2000 measurements can be stored in the instrument and sent to a PC when the measurement is complete with the integrated data logger. Alternatively, the data can be sent and evaluated with the PC during the measuring process (online measurement).
|What is the function “Data logging at measurement change” used for?
To optimally use the memory, especially for long term measurements, the VD8 offers the function “Data logging at measurement change”. Measurements are only logged if the pressure changes, thus, reducing the amount of insignificant data.
|Is the VacuGraph® software required for using a VD8 compact vacuum meter?
The VacuGraph® software is an useful accessory for the most efficient use of our vacuum meters. It serves for the communication between a PC and vacuum meter. So you can e.g. transfer the measurements stored in the data logger to a PC for evaluation or you can change parameters like the sample rate comfortable in the configuration board of the software.